Sunday, July 26, 2009

Me vs. I

I posted on my English teachers wall telling her of how I almost made a grammatical error. (I am a grammar FREAK, and I cry when I make a mistake.) Her friend responded saying "lol." Teacher responded to the "lol" telling Carla she didn't understand how serious the matter at hand was though. She said "When it comes to grammar, Blair is more obsessive than me." Clearly it should be "more obsessive than I" because "than" is a subordinating conjunction, making the "am" in "I am" understood. I pointed this out to her and she deleted the post with the error saying she didn't know what I was talking about. She deleted my proof! This caused me to become incredibly light headed because I easily second guess myself.

She has now admitted to her error. And I am starting to feel better.




This entire post is incredibly rushed. I am still having trouble thinking straight.

No comments: