Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oh, The Irony

It's been my goal to give as much blood as possible as often as possible.
Be Positive.
I'd like to save a life.

After convincing my mother to donate with me, we hop in the car and race to the front doors.

Mississippi Blood Services close at 2:30.


We pull on the doors. Frown. And as we turn away, a little nurse angel opens the door and invites us in.


They never give you fun Band-Aids when you grow up.

Pricked finger. Curled toes. Wince. SQUEEEEEEEEZE.


"Your iron is too low, sweetie."
-what does that mean?
"It means your iron is too low."
-what does that mean?
"It means you should eat more"
-ha.

She tries again. SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE.

"Now it's even lower."

Hands me pamphlet. ("Why You Can't Donate Blood" blah blah blah)

"Would you like me to prick your other finger?"
-maybe next time.

No comments: