Tuesday, April 6, 2010

दरें स्लीप

I don't know how my language was changed. Ohzwell.

In between two exploding alarms this morning, my mind managed to do something pretty amazing. Now a dream really doesn't sound too spectacular, but I'm pretty proud.

See, we're in my house as it is being robbed. It's terrifying. Three large men are banging on windows. Kicking in doors. My mother and I are laying flat on the living room floor in an attempt not to be seen. As the dream rolls along, the men make it into the house, find our family, and yell "We need a glass of water! Our friend ate wasabi peas! His mouth is on fire!"

They weren't trying to rob us. They just needed help.

The reason I'm so pleased with myself is because I am absolutely in awe of my little, broken brain. This was the first complete dream I've ever had. There was terror, there was a sentimental moment between me and my mother, and there was a comedic, happy ending resolution.

Make the best of your situations.
Turn your nightmares into comedy.

No comments: