Thursday, March 19, 2009

Home.

I was Adventure Girl for the past four days. 

I slept in the world's largest tent, however it was not the world's most comfortable tent. There were roots and sticks and leaves and all in all earth underneath me. (I was sleeping on an incline at that. Just imagine falling asleep in one place and waking up a foot or two lower) The food was nice considering we were camping. 

 I went repelling and rock climbing on the side of a mountain. And I also went repelling inside a cave. It was the most intense thing I have ever done. Complete Darkness is a scary thing. The water in the cave was about waist high and I was walking along when all of the sudden I step off a drop off of 130 feet. It was such a weird feeling. To have stable ground beneath you and then nothing but water. It made me glad I could swim.

There were times where I was crawling on the ground with water filling half of the tunnel. I could barely move, yet I made it out alive. 


I highly suggest going on an adventure like that one day. I'd love to join you. 

No comments: