Friday, March 6, 2009

Where are you, Fanny?

I found myself with an incredibly large work load last night, which was unusual due to the fact that I have been doing a superior job at managing things all year. 
I think the major problem was my assignment for my Computer class, which is more or less just Keyboarding. 
Our latest assignment was to write a business letter applying for a Summer Program emphasizing you major, however I am really not interested in Musical Summer Programs. (Since I was already accepted and given full scholarship to the Spanish program at Summer College, I figured I would just use this instead.)
We were told to make up the details that went into the letter, but they must be accurate. Due to the fact that I only have a Keyboarding Textbook and no teacher, I felt very lost. The text doesn't teach you anything. It merely gives you practice letters to type. I had quite a bit of trouble deciphering the five formats that I was supposed to use. 
And to top off all my troubles, I never installed Microsoft Word onto my little ole Mac of mine. So I was forced to use...oh gracious, do I dare say it? I was forced to use a PC. (It's horrifying, I know. I feel very contaminated.) Gosh, I had no idea how much I had adapted to Macs. 

Goodness. It is 8:34 in the morning. The world hasn't seen my face at this hour in quite some time.

No comments: