Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Moving.

As I find myself growing up, I realize all the circumstances in which I must decipher between work and play. Fun and funny. Childlike and childish. And whenever possible and or necessary, I strive for the former of each. 

While in school, there is a definite line between work and play, however, I am always trying to make my work seem like play. I've learned quickly that it is all about your outlook and attitude. 

In movement, I see everything as fun. I'm learning loads of new things and I have gotten so much stronger, both physically and mentally, from it. However, I am often find myself in playful spirits due to me loving to brings smiles and giggles to peoples faces. This, I have learned, must be left at the door once I enter the studio. There is a definite line between fun filled learning and goofing around. 

Although "funny" isn't always called for in the studio, I have found that there is a difference between being funny and being like a child. I have always been fascinated by children. They have this fearlessness about them, and they rarely have the distractions of outside conflict. They are content in there own little world, and this aids in their ability to learn things so quickly. I think if every movement student had the childlike mentality, things would soon be easier, calmer, and wouldn't be this striving for top class rating. 

It is a big step, but once our class has attained the fun, childlike attitude towards our work, we will soon see everything as necessary fun. And the entire atmosphere of our class will change greatly.

No comments: